Hey everyone 🙂 How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was quiet, I took Charlie for long walks just to get myself out of the house. This morning I went for another long walk, a with Charlie to clear my head, get some fresh air. I found a new area to walk Charlie which is a bit further from my house, nice park, there is a river where ships pass by, some men were fishing, others were riding their bicycles, others were strolling, talking, taking pictures. 🙂
As I was walking along I wanted to find a place to sit in the sun, and do a little people watching, ship watching. While I was seeking a place to sit a cruise ship went by, I could see the people on deck getting ready to leave the ship once it docks. I sat there for a while thinking where did this ship come from, and where it will be off to next. Traveling, cooking, reading, yoga, walking are things that I love to do, I am curious to hear what you guys like or love to do when you have the time. 🙂
On my way back home I picked up a couple of Chicken Thighs to make this very simple Chicken soup. Soup Season is definitely here so I made another very traditional Greek Chicken Soup that is delicious and easy to make. Most Greeks use rice for this soup but I am not really of fan of rice in my soup, so I added Orzo instead. 🙂 so here we goooo 🙂
CHICKEN SOUP WITH ORZO, EGGS & LEMON JUICE
- 2 Chicken Thighs or Chicken Breasts
- 2 large Carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup Orzo or Rice if you prefer
- 2 medium size Potatoes chopped
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Lemon Juice
- Boil Chicken Thighs or Chicken Breast on medium heat and add in all the ingredients except for the eggs and the lemon juice.
- When the chicken is ready set it aside and add in the Orzo. (I shredded the chicken into smaller pieces and added it into the soup). When the soup is ready, remove it from the heat and set it aside until the Egg and Lemon sauce is ready.
- In a separate bowl add in the eggs and with a hand mixer beat until fluffy, add a bit of lemon juice at a time.
- Once that is ready take about 3 cups of chicken stock from your pot and add each cup in slowly while beating the eggs.
- Once the Egg and Lemon sauce is ready add it into the chicken and stir for a few minutes. See pretty simple 🙂