We are coming towards the end of July and the weather has just completely gone crazy here in the Netherlands. Raining one day, Sunshine and hot the next, does not look like it wants to settle down to just Summer. Today, was a rainy day, a bit hot and humid, so salad was the wise choice to go with.
This is a favorite of mine, such a light and tasty salad for summer eatings. The baked Prosciutto that I have added along with the Cantaloupe are so refreshing. As a topping for the salad I chose Almonds, Parmesan cheese and a lovely Balsamic dressing. I hope you enjoy it!! 🙂
CANTALOUPE SUMMER SALAD
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1 cup various Green salads
- 4 Sun dried Tomatoes chopped
- 4 slices of Cantaloupe sliced
- 5 pieces of Prosciutto
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup of Sliced Almonds
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Sun dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey
- Bake the Prosciutto for 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Once the Prosciutto is ready let it cool off. Wash thoroughly all green salads and add into a large salad bowl.
- Cut the Cantaloupe, Sun dried Tomatoes, into small pieces and add into the bowl.
- Cut Prosciutto into small pieces toss into bowl along with the Almonds, Parmesan Cheese. Use a blender for this dressing, just add in all the ingredients and blend. The outcome is just fantastic. Unfortunately mine is not working, so I just beat it a bit and added it to the salad.
Originally posted 2017-07-25 14:51:38.