Hey there foodies,
It’s snowing outside today and it’s a quiet day for me I opened youtube and put on some Christmas Jazz music. I sat at my desk and started to write this Buttery Christmas Cookie Post. It’s going to be a short one because I want to get started on making my homemade bread.
This is a pretty simple cookie recipe it’s so simple even beginners can give it a try. Full of butter and a slightly crunchy texture with a strong taste of Vanilla. I wanted the intense taste of Vanilla and this is why I added a bit more than a teaspoon. When the dough was ready I left it in the fridge overnight to rest. You can leave it in the fridge for an hour and then go ahead and roll it out.
While I was in the supermarket baking aisle these adorable pink and purple little shapes and sprinkles caught my eye. Some supermarkets here in Germany are just as big as back in the US, so you can imagine, how overwhelmed I was with the wide variety of decorations, flours, etc that exist here. We all know that Germans love to bake I never expected to see so many different products but believe me, I loved it!! I think I spent at least an hour and a half just in the baking section.
Ok, that’s about it I am heading into the kitchen to start working on my bread.
Until next week!!
Have a good one everyone!!
(I apologize about the size of my photos in the instruction section but using my phone to shoot photos has really been a challenge). Maybe Santa Clause might bring me a new DSLR CAMERA!! SANTA DO YOU HEAR ME!! hehehehe
Buttery Christmas Cookie Recipe
- 250 grams butter at room temperature
- 400 grams all-purpose flour sieved
- 150 grams powder sugar sieved
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- edible decorations sprinkles and balls
- Preheat oven to 180c and in a large mixing bowl add the sieved powdered sugar.
- Continue to add the cubed butter. Give it a good quick beat for 5 seconds.
- Add in the egg yolk, and vanilla extract and beat on high for 5 minutes. Add in the sieved flour and beat on medium for a firm dough.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for one hour or overnight. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut shapes using your cookie cutters.
- Place on parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes.
- Set the coolies aside to cool off and then decorate them with your favorite sprinkles, stars, and colors.
KALI MAS OREXI!!!! 🙂