Hi there! 🙂 It is cloudy and chilly here in NL today, to be honest it’s much better when the weather is a bit cooler. I was looking at the weather forecast for today SUN will dominate at some point. 🙂 It’s also very quiet around here (vacation time has already started and many are away soaking in the sun at some beautiful beach in some other country) 🙂 all you hear are the birds chirping and the ducks quacking. hehehehe..yes we have a small pond in our area and there are ducks that do quack. 🙂
I woke up this morning wanting to eat something different for breakfast than the usual, muesli cereal, eggs, or bagels. My tastebuds were seeking to eat something with a bit more zing to it, 🙂 and so with a few ingredients I was going to make Veggies Muffins 🙂 I headed to my backyard to my littler veggie and herb garden and picked a few of the scallions and peppers that I had planted to add to my muffins.
I have a few errands to do again today so that means I will be out of the house for most of the day and since this makes about 6 muffins, I think I will take one with me to eat just in case I get hungry. 🙂
BREAKFAST VEGGIE MUFFINS
- 1/2 cup Green Pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Pepper chopped
- 1 fresh Scallion diced
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Spinach
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 4 Eggs
- Chop and dice peppers, scallions, mushrooms,
- In a large skillet add olive oil and chopped ingredients, simmer on medium heat for a few minutes, then add a pinch of salt, pepper and stir.
- Continue by adding in the spinach,
- and mushrooms.
- In a large bowl add eggs and beat. Once your ingredients have been cooked, add into the eggs and stir.
- Brush oil your muffin pan and add mix into each socket.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.