Sometimes, I enjoy eating a nice bowl of yogurt in the evening, I have tried most of the yogurts that are sold in the supermarkets but they are to sour for me. Butttt the market I have close by has finally placed on their refrigerator shelves Original Greek Yogurt. I was truly happy with this discovery, because I kind of gave up on eating yogurt a couple of months ago and was definitely not happy about this.
Anyway, I love to add different toppings like honey and walnuts, or fruits instead of eating plain yogurt. I wanted to share a completely different recipe topping with you which I found a few years ago while watching one of the cooking shows. I thought to myself that this was just an absolute must try. It is scrumptious!!!
So, if you like to live dangerously, and by this I mean trying new flavors/tastes then this topping will completely astonish you with the variation of dried fruits simmered with Vanilla, Cinnamon and a few more extra ingredients. 🙂
YOGURT DESSERT WITH A DELICIOUS TOPPING
- 350 grams Water
- 200 grams Sugar
- 300 grams Yogurt 3 servings
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Lemon Peels
- 3 Orange Peels
- 5 pieces of dried Figs sliced
- 5 pieces of dried Apricots sliced
- In a small sauce pan add water, and sugar, boil on medium to high heat.
- When the water and sugar start to boil add in the Cinnamon stick, Vanilla extract, Lemon and Orange peels.
- Add in the dried fruits and boil for 1/2 hour and until sugar and water have thicken.
- Top your favorite plain yogurt with this topping. You can use any type of dried fruit you like eating, I used figs and apricots because that’s what I had in my pantry. 🙂