Hi everyone!!! After yesterday’s Clean Monday or Ash Monday and a day of fasting, I am back with another Chicken recipe. 🙂 Fasting usually last for about 40 some odds days, which is way to long of time at least for me that is, so what I usually do is fast the last week before Easter. I think most people do that know, busy schedule and fasting a bit difficult. If your in the mood to eat something different give this recipe a try, you just might like it. 🙂
My husband is a fan of Green beans, me not so much, but before I say NO to something I like to try it out first, I have actually tried to eat them a few times in the past, but it was a no go. I gave it one more try again today just in case my tastebuds have changed aaaand NO they have not..:), so I can officially say I am not a fan of Green Beans.
Since, I do love Chicken this recipe has the combination of both worlds, and the taste is just superb (Chicken of course is). 🙂 With the addition of fresh tomatoes and herbs simmering together just makes you want to eat it all at once. Adding a side dish of Feta cheese, drizzled with Olive Oil, topped with fresh Oregano, dipping that fresh slice of bread into the sauce AWWW!! what more can I say. 🙂
CHICKEN & GREEN BEAN POT STEW
- 4 or 5 pieces of Chicken
- 1 kilo of Green Beans
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves optional
- 6 Tomatoes grated or 3 Tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of Tomato Paste
- Dill optional
- Parsley optional
- 600 ml of water
- 60 ml of Olive Oil
- Paprika optional
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- Wash and drain Green beans, and don’t forget to cut off the edges on both sides of the beans.
- In a large pot add in the Olive Oil, and sauté the onion. Once that is done add the chicken in and cook for about 15 minutes on both sides. Place Chicken pieces onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same pot add in the tomatoes, herbs, salt, pepper, paprika and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Continue by adding in the beans and sugar.
- Place Chicken pieces on top of beans and add in the water and cook for 1 hour on medium heat.