Hello everyone…hoping the weekend was a good one. It’s Monday, the beginning of a new week and hopefully a good one for everybody. This weekend was quite warm. sunny and just lovely to be outside. When I mean outside I just sat in the garden and caught up on some reading material on food blogging of course, and some other things that I needed to catch up on. I did a bit of gardening 🙂 and I just wanted to thank Luda from Plants and Beyond, for her advise in regards to adding coffee grinds into my small garden it was spot on! 🙂 All my herbs and salads flourished these past weeks, and we were able to have home grown lettuce in our salads!! hooraayyyy 🙂 Just fantastic!! I also planted Broccoli, this has become huge I am not sure if my little garden will be able to hold it. 🙂
This is a Greek dish…with ingredients that I am hoping would exist in everyones fridge. I know that Carrots and Peas may not be the first choice for lunch or dinner, but if you add tomatoes and a bit of tomato paste well I am sure you will be going back for more. 🙂 It is truly a very simple recipe just a few steps and you’ve got a delicious and healthy meal for lunch or dinner or even a side dish.. 🙂
VEGGIE STEW WITH JUST CARROTS & PEAS IN TOMATO SAUCE
- 750 grams frozen Carrots & Peas
- 1 large Onion diced
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 6 fresh grated Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Dill finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- Feta Cheese optional
- In a large sauce pan add in the olive oil and onion, simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Continue by adding the Carrots and Peas stir.
- Add in the dill and parsley.
- Add just enough water to cover the ingredients, stir.
- Continue by adding the fresh tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Last add in the Salt, Pepper and Sugar. Stir and simmer on medium heat for 1 hr and until tomato sauce has thickened.
- I like to top with Feta Cheese..:)