Hey there! I spent most of my day yesterday translating some documents, so when I finally looked at the clock it was already 3:00 pm and hot hot hot!!:) I think we are having a mini heat wave here..it hit something like 36 degrees!!! These are the type of temperatures you see in Greece not here, but can’t complain it was lovely. I try to take Charlie out early in the morning before the sun comes up because heat and dogs do not go well together.
Since time literally flew by yesterday I had to make something quick and easy. This is such a great recipe I found it on http://www.auga.gr, (it’s a Greek site that has many recipes with eggs), a very delightful light meal for lunch or dinner, I tweaked it by adding a bit of Oregano into one of the omelettes, it gave it a nice kick. 🙂
The site is in Greek but you can always google translate to read the rest of the recipes :). (I do that all the time, I am following some food bloggers that post Spanish recipes ohhh some of the recipes are just fantastic). Speaking of google translate if you haven’t yet seen Jimmy Fallon and Idris Elba singing google translated songs please do. This is seriously hysterical….I fell off the couch laughing with this one. 🙂 Jimmy Fallon has done others but this one I think is the best!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe…till next time 🙂
- 4 Eggs
- 3 sliced of Ham/Turkey/Chicken which ever you prefer shredded
- 2 fresh Tomatoes diced
- 200 grams of Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- In a skillet add the olive oil.
- Take 2 bowls and add 2 eggs into each bowls, making 2 omelettes.
- I didn’t shred the ham but it is better if you do because it is much easier to fold.
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
- Add the first 2 eggs into the skillet, once this is done set aside to cool.
- Continue by adding the second round of eggs, ( I added a bit of oregano into this onset aside to cool off.
- Once both omelettes have cooled, start by spreading the cream cheese on one of the omelettes.
- Then continue by adding the ham slices and top with the diced tomatoes.
- Place the second omelette on top, and then just start to roll it slowly into a tube. Cut into small slices and serve. 🙂 Simple 🙂