Hey there!! How is everyone? So, hubby officially has been back to work since last Monday…Wooo Hooo very happy. He has recovered from the Heart Attack so he got the go-ahead. Of course, he still needs to be very careful because his heart has recovered by 50%. As for me, I have been exhausted these past few months. I have been working 14 to 16 hours a day and taking care of hubby, house, charlie and a whole bunch of other things. I could see how rundown I was, so I went to lay down on Saturday at around 7 in the evening and woke up the following day. 🙂 That should tell you how much I am due for a much-needed rest. 🙂
This is a great way to start the year or month in regards to going on a diet, or because you love eating a healthy salad. Seriously, it really doesn’t get any easier than this recipe. These types of ingredients need to be soaked overnight in water. Boiled the following day adding in your favorite ingredients to make this a super delicious salad for lunch or dinner. Just remember that there is no need to leave the Lentil in water overnight. There is, of course, another option, buying store-bought Legumes. Sometimes it is much easier and quicker than doing the whole overnight in the water process. But if you were to use store-bought I would wash them and drain from excess salt.
This is a bowl of Yumminess, for everyone to enjoy. try it out and let me know what you think.
Have a great week!! 🙂
Vegetarian Lugemes Salad
- ½ cup Lentil
- ½ cup Chickpeas
- ½ cup White Beans
- 2 Fresh Scallions (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Dill (finely chopped)
- Leave Chickpeas, and White Beans in water overnight. Next day wash and drain thoroughly. Boil for 20 minutes. Boil Lentil in a separate pot for 10 minutes, then drain. Set aside to cool.
- Chop 2 or 3 fresh Scallions. Add Legumes into a large bowl along with Scallions.
- Add in Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, and Dill. Stir and then serve.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂