Hmmm, let’s see I think we are about 8 days (not counting today) away from Christmas…WOW!! Just a few weeks ago I was talking about putting up my Christmas Tree!! : ) In one of the previous posts I mentioned, that I will not be doing any cooking this year for Christmas, I thought about it and decided that I need some time to rest and have a little fun and that’s exactly what I am going to do.
One of my outings will be to finally go to a Christmas Market. For the past 8 years, I have never had the opportunity to visit. So, I am hoping that I will be able to visit at least one Christmas Market over the weekend. There are many different Christmas attractions that I’ve never been to these past 8 years while living in the Netherlands. So, this year I am planning to visit the Amsterdam Christmas Light Show on Christmas Eve with my husband. We are in need of some fun. A few of my friends told me that it is a lot of fun, especially if you take the boat trip around Amsterdam. I think it’s about time that we go see it for ourselves. 🙂
I’m not one to follow trends especially when it has to do with Holiday food. I know that the holiday season is big for Food Bloggers. I know I should be posting recipes about cookies, cakes, but I think not following the trend is what makes it more fun. 🙂 And since there are people out there who are not eating meat or fish, here is a delicious festive Holiday Pasta (it does look festive, it has a green tone to it hehe hehe) recipe made with Avocados…
Have a great day everyone!!
Trenette Pasta with Avocado Pesto and Cashews
- 1 package Pasta
- 2 Avocados (cut in half)
- 2 Fresh Scallions (chopped)
- ½ cup Dill
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Cashews
- ½ cup Pasta Water
- 1 Garlic Clove (optional)
- Cut Avocados in half and then scoop out the filling
- Wash and chop fresh scallions
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor or blender. Mix on high speed for a few minutes.
- Mix Cashews on high speed in the blender.
- Take a 1/2 cup of pasta water and add into the Avocado mix..beat on high for a few minutes.
- If the pesto is too thick add a bit more water.
- Add Avocado Pesto into pasta top with crushed Cashews. Serve hot
KALI MAS OREXI!!! 🙂