I looked outside my window this morning and saw that it was raining and dark. I poured myself a nice cup of coffee and sat down in front of my laptop to think about what I wanted to post today. I was going to make the Aubergines I picked up from the market the other day, but I wasn’t sure which recipe to choose. It was one of those morning that my brain just didn’t want to cooperate with me. I think I must have gone to the kitchen about 10 times to see if I had the ingredients for the recipe. 🙂
Usually, my first tap on my computer is to Pinterest, I love looking at other boards, so many wonderful ideas on anything you could possibly imagine. As a Food Blogger I like to search for unique recipes from around the world. There are so many different types of spices, ingredients, unique techniques, and speaking of unique recipes when my friend Tammy was visiting a few weeks ago, she brought me a wonderful present it was a cookbook from her home country Georgia. While glancing through it I found so many recipes that I absolutely must try out, but one thing that I noticed is that in almost every recipe they add Walnuts. (I have read and heard that Walnuts are good for the brain, maybe I should start eating more Walnuts) 🙂
Ok, so the recipe for today is Aubergines baked in Tomato sauce, I have mentioned before I am not really a frying type of cook but because time in the kitchen is limited today, I need to make something quick so I will have to fry the Aubergines. If you have time I would suggest baking the Aubergines, it is much lighter for the stomach. 🙂
Have a great day everyone!!! Let me know if you try out this recipe..:)
TOMATO BAKED AUBERGINES
- 2 Aubergines sliced
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove optional
- 5 cups Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil for frying
- Red Pepper Flakes optional
- 1/2 tablespoon Oregano
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Slice Aubergines into thick pieces.
- In a large frying pan add in Vegetable Oil and Onion sauté.
- Continue by adding in the Aubergines and fry until golden brown. Place on Kitchen paper once Aubergines are done so that the oil is absorbed.
- In a medium size baking pan add in tomato sauce along with 1/4 cup of Vegetable or Olive oil, Sugar, Salt, Oregano stir it a few times,
- add in Aubergines, top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes at 160 degrees.
- Serve hot or cold, either way it is delicious.