Hello all!! I hope everyone is having a good start of the week….Aren’t salads just wonderfully delicious!! 🙂 I had a few Mangos in my refrigerator, so I thought it was time to use them in a salad recipe that I make quite often and I wanted to share with you the simplicity of this salad. I love salads, I can actually say that I love and eat almost all of sorts of salads, except for Egg salad! I don’t eat or like boiled eggs. 🙂 I think the last time I ate one is when I was 7 years old, 🙂 but don’t get me wrong I do cook them for recipes that only others eat. hehahhahaha
I had a bit of baked chicken leftover from the other day so I added this into the salad along with spinachhhhh!!!!…Yum, yum a delicious and healthy salad for Brunch, Lunch, Dinner or any time of the day. I haven’t added any sort of dressing to this because I want each ingredient’s taste to stand out, so I am only adding olive oil and a bit of pepper. 🙂
SPRING SALAD WITH MANGO, CHICKEN, SPINACH & CASHEWS
- 1 Mango (peeled sliced into cubes
- 4 cups Spinach
- 1 cup Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 small Carrot diced
- 2 cups Romaine Lettuce
- 1 oven baked Chicken Breast cubed
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- Peel and chop Mango into cubes. I have always used a potato peeler to peel off the skin from the Mango because I found that it was much easier for me.
- Cut Chicken Breast into small cubes.
- Wash Spinach and your salads thoroughly and drain.
- Take a large bowl and start by adding the spinach on the bottom, then continue with a layer of Iceberg, Romaine, Carrots.
- Add in the Mango, Chicken, Olives. Top with a bit of Rucola and Olive Oil and of course Cashews to get a bit of crunchiness from your salad and or any dressing topping that you like and enjoy this fantastic salad.