It has been a while since I used my Slow Cooker, so I took it out of the pantry, and made this delicious Slow Cooked Chicken with a whole bunch of delicious veggies. You can’t really see the veggies because of the added Worcestershire sauce. 🙂 Love that sauce but sometimes the coloring of the food becomes so dark. I do apologise for this because I added a bit more than I was suppose too.
The traditional Greek recipe calls for fresh tomatoes and tomato paste, no carrots or potatoes, but what I did was I omitted the tomatoes and added the sauce along with the other ingredients and made it a bit of Greek and a bit of Irishhh cuisine I hope that’s ok. 🙂 I think kind of a stew?? My Irish friends will absolutely get back to me with this one I am sure about it. hehehe..but I must say that either way it is absolutely yum yum good.
Let me know if you try this recipe and if you enjoyed the combination of both cuisines. 🙂
SLOW COOKED CHICKEN & VEGGIES
- 2 Chicken thighs or Chicken Breasts
- 1 large Carrot sliced or cubed
- 1 large Onion sliced
- 1 Leek cut into thin long strips
- 3 large Potatoes cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon of Sweet Paprika
- Add sliced onions into Slow Cooker.
- Lay the Chicken on top of the onions and place the sliced Leek on top of the Chicken.
- Continue by adding the potatoes, carrots,
- the sauce, sweet paprika, salt and all the other delicious ingredients. Turn on Slow Cooker and cook for 10 hrs on low.