Hey everyone!! I hope you are all doing well 🙂 So, summer time picnics, great food, gorgeous weather, good friends, does it get any better??? 🙂 Our weekend was nice we had fun, laughed, and just enjoyed our friends company. 🙂
During the weekend I got a chance to do some power walking early Saturday morning, on Sunday I decided to just take the day off. 🙂 I try to get out as early as possible before the sun is completely up because power walking, jogging, or just walking in the sun is definitely not something I enjoy. Even when I was living in Greece, I tried to get everything done early in the morning during the weekends to avoid the sun. I love the sun when I am at the beach otherwise you will never catch me sitting in the sun like most people do while drinking coffee or eating. I absolutely prefer the shade 🙂
Ok, so about this recipe, it is a simple potato salad greek style 🙂 The original recipe that my mom used to make had no mustard 🙂 I guess because the mustard we had back then was and still is quite strong, that’s why you put it on Hot Dogs! 🙂 whereas if you use Mild Dijon Mustard it is a much better option to spice up the mayonnaise just a tad bit. So, the next time your going on a picnic to the park or just spending the day in the garden, balcony, terrace, and your having friends over or you just want to enjoy this recipe yourself 🙂 give it a try and let me know how it turned out. 🙂
SIMPLE POTATO SALAD
- 500 grams boiled potatoes cut into cubes
- 300 grams Mayonnaisse
- 2 tablespoons Mild Dijon Mustard
- 1 Lemon Juice and Lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoons Dill diced
- 2 tablespoons Scallions chopped
- 300 grams Greek Yogurt
- In a large sauce pan add salted water and the potatoes, and boil on medium heat. When boiled drain water and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime diced the dill.
- When the potatoes have cooled off add them into a large bowl along with the diced dill.
- In a separate bowl add mayonnaise, mustard, yogurt, and whisk.
- Continue by adding the lemon zest.
- Whisk until combined and slowly start to pour in the lemon juice.
- Add the yogurt mixture into the potatoes and combine thoroughly. I added some fresh scallions into my potatoes and also topped the potatoes with fresh scallions. 🙂