Hello to all!! I hope your weekend was wonderful, wishing everyone a good week!!
If your like me always on the look out to try new snacks, and I am not referring to junk food snacks but Veggies snacks and if you are watching or not watching your weight, either way you will enjoy this delicious snack that I made yesterday. Since I am on a diet, and I don’t always follow my diet, I like adding different snacks in between meals than the usual yogurt or fruit. Yep, on a diet pffff, I kind of put on a few pounds/kilos during the winter and need to lose them. I have been at it for a while now, and it’s going well, ohhh I also started powering walking again, which I enjoy. The weather has been so good it is great to be outside…I tried the kickboxing exercise at home butttt hmmm I think that really isn’t for me. 🙁 But it is good to try new things so that you know which fits and which don’t right?? 🙂
So, these veggies are roasted and dipped in Italian breadcrumbs and or if you prefer you can dip them into plain breadcrumbs and just add a pinch of garlic, or onion to taste. I sometimes dip them into Greek Yogurt just to give each bite a bit more of a boost in taste than they already have, 🙂 but believe me if you try this recipe you will just love them. 🙂
P.S. hardly any calories to these hehehehe
ROASTED ZUCCHINI STICKS
- 2 large Zucchini sliced in strips
- 2 Egg Whites Whisked
- 2 1/2 cups Italian seasoning
- 2 cups Parmesan Cheese
- Onion or Garlic Powder optional
- In a large bowl add the Italian Seasoning, Parmesan Cheese and Pepper. Mix to combine
- In a separate bowl whisk the Egg Whites.
- Cut Zucchini into stripes.
- Dip Zucchini stripes into the Egg Whites, and then dip into the Italian Seasoning.
- In a large baking pan oil brush the pan before placing the baking paper. (this helps the paper to stay in one place).
- Then place the zucchini in a pre- heated oven and bake for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees, depending on your oven. They should turn out golden brown and crispy. 🙂 You can top off the Zucchini with either Garlic or Onion powder before you place it into the oven, but if your seasoning is intense then there is no need to add any extra seasoning. unless of course you want the taste even stronger!! 🙂 it is completely up to you 🙂