I always love trying out recipes that have chicken as the main ingredient, I prefer white meat rather than red and chicken usually is my first go to favorite. This recipe has been around a very long time in my kitchen, so if you love chicken then this recipe is one that you will truly enjoy.
A colorful meat sauce with the added peppers and carrots make a much lighter version than the usual beef sauce. I have topped the lasagna with the Bechamel Sauce recipe I posted yesterday, and added the delicious Parmesan cheese for a lovely crust. Every bite of this tasty lasagna has a lovely and delicate taste that just wants you going back for more. 🙂
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN LASAGNA WITH A REFRESHING TASTE
- 1 package Lasagna Sheets
- 750 grams Chicken minced meat
- 1 large Carrot chopped
- 2 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Onion chopped optional
- 2 Garlic Cloves diced optional
- 5 Tomatoes grated
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 3 cups Parmesan Cheese
- Bechamel Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- On medium heat add olive oil into large sauce pan, along with the chicken meat and the peppers. Sauté ingredients until meat has been cooked.
- Continue by adding in the tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, sugar, carrot, onion, and garlic. I haven’t added onion or garlic into this meat sauce because I wanted the sauce to have a lighter taste. Let this cook until broth has been absorbed.
- Once your meat sauce is ready add in 2 cups Parmesan Cheese and stir.
- On the bottom of a baking pan spread about 2 tablespoons of ready made tomato sauce. I usually do this so that the lasagna sheets don’t stick to the bottom of the pan, but you can also use olive oil, or butter. Start to layer the sheets as shown in picture.
- Continue by adding the meat sauce. Layer sheets and once more the meat sauce.
- Add Bechamel Sauce and top with 1 cup of Parmesan Cheese. Yesterday, I posted the recipe for the Bechamel Sauce, so you can use that dosage for this recipe. 🙂
- Bake for 1 hour and until Bechamel sauce is golden brown. Once baked let this sit for 1/2 hour to cool. This way it is easier to cut pieces and serve.