Hello everyone, I hope you all enjoyed and or are still enjoying your Easter Holiday….On Easter Sunday I was invited by my friend/neighbor to go to her Church to follow Easter Sunday Mass, and I had a wonderful time and truly enjoyed the whole experience. My Easter is actually this coming Sunday on April 8th, so I will be posting one more post this week with the Greek Easter Cookies and then taking a few days off from blogging to enjoy my Easter and my birthday which is actually today. 🙂 Happy Birthday To Me!! hehehe
Seafood is something that I am very picky about, I don’t eat much fish but the ones I do eat, I love!!. I went to the fish market the other day and picked up two Calamari Tubes for dinner. I don’t know if your able to find Calamari Tubes in your area, but if not you can still use this recipe to stuff the smaller size.
When I first came across this recipe many years ago, I was really not up to the whole challenge of holding a Calamari uxxxx,,but with time, I went passed the “I’m not doing that” stage and just did it. 🙂
OVEN BAKED CALAMARI TUBES WITH RICE, FETA CHEESE & DILL STUFFING (KALAMARI GEMISTO STO FOURNO)
- 2 Large Calamari
- 1 1/2 cup Feta Cheese cubed
- 1/2 fresh Dill chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup White Long Grain Rice
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove crushed
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup White Dry Wine
- Chop the Tentacles into small pieces.
- In a small frying pan add a bit of olive oil and fry tentacles, garlic, onion for about 10 minutes and then set aside to cool off.
- Once the tentacles have cooled off add rice, feta, egg, dill, salt and pepper and mix. (you can add fresh tomatoes into the mix to give it a bit of a sweet taste and color)
- Add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- Take one Calamari tube at a time and start to stuff with the mix, but be sure not to stuff all of it, leave some room towards the end so that you can sew/close off the opening with a toothpick. Once done with the stuffing take a toothpick and close off the opening of the Calamari.
- Pour the remaining olive oil and wine over the Calamari and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.