Hello foodie friends,
This One-Pan Lemon Chicken Breast with potatoes and carrots is super easy. A Greek recipe, that has been around for years and I will say a classic dish. It seems that lately this recipe or very similar ones are trending this season. Now, I find it interesting that many recipes say that it has been around since the 1990s which could be the case for some countries but ummm well this recipe at least in Greek cuisine has definitely been around much longer. In any case, it is true that the Greek/Mediterranean recipes have been trending for a couple of years. So, it’s exciting to see that people from around the world are trying out these recipes.
There is always a Sunday Lunch meal and I say Lunch because Greeks mainly eat Lunch on Sundays which is easy to prepare if you are expecting family or friends over. Everyone has their favorite part of the chicken legs, wings, or breasts, but for this specific recipe, I chose chicken breasts. Marinated in olive oil with tarragon/estragon, lemon slices, mustard, and honey. You might be surprised but tarragon/estragon is a herb that goes very well with fish and chicken. If you haven’t tried this herb yet you must. I’ve also prepared a mild mustard with honey sauce and drizzled this over the chicken and potatoes.
I would always add estragon into most of my chicken recipes. Estragon adds an extra delicious flavor and combines well with the rest of the herbs and spices I’ve added. This One-Pan Lemon Chicken Breast recipe comes together so nicely because all you have to do is add all the ingredients into one baking pan. Here’s a tip when cooking a Greek recipe that has meat put the meat on the bottom and layer the potatoes on top. But with Chicken, it’s different we layer the chicken add the potatoes and vegetables, and spread it around the pan.
Have a great morning/afternoon/evening everyone.
One-Pan Lemon Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 chicken breast
- 10 potatoes halved
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1½ tbsp dry oregano
- 2 tbsp estragon optional
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 1½ tbsp mild mustard
- 200 grams vegetable stock
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons 1 lemon is for slicing and the other lemon is for lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 180c Wash and peel potatoes and carrots. In a large bowl add the potatoes and carrots slices. Pour the olive oil over the potatoes and drizzle the dry oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pat down the Chicken Breasts before adding any herbs and spices. Sprinkle lemon juice first and then drizzle the estragon on all sides of the chicken breasts
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the mild mustard, honey, lemon juice,, and vegetable stock. Whip until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, potato and carrots. Slice one lemon and garnish the chicken or potatoes.
- Cook until potatoes and chicken breasts are soft and are easily pierced with a knife or fork. Serve hot
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂