How is everyone today? I woke up this morning, made my cup of coffee, had breakfast and headed for my desk. I started reading everyones posts. (need to catch up) when I realised that I forgot to press PUBLISH for my own post. The reason why I forgot to press Publish is because I was doing a bit of research on Yoga classes. 🙂 Wooo hooo, I did Yoga for about 7 years before having to stop due to the accident. But nowww I am going back and trying to find one in my area. 🙂
Since Easter is coming up in a couple of weeks, and Fasting is a main part of Easter, I thought you might enjoy a different type of Mashed Potatoes. I know that you are probably wondering Olive Oil and Lemon blaahhh, but believe me it does taste good!! If you are not Fasting, and want a lighter version of Mashed Potatoes, give this recipe a try.
I had to look up the recipe again, because I couldn’t remember if I needed to add Vegetable or Olive Oil. Yes, I do forget sometimes! So, I have to go back to look up ingredients and recipes. 🙂
I was testing out my camera on manual to see if I can get the Aperture, ISO and all of that stuff done correctly, but looking at my prep photos I still need to work on it!! So much to learn ahhhhhhh 🙂
Have a great weekend everyone!! 🙂
NO MILK NO BUTTER MASHED POTATOES RECIPE
- 500 grams of Potatoes peeled
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- Add potatoes into salted boiling water. Boil until tender.
- Mash Potatoes with a Potato Masher or with any utensil of your choice.
- Add in Olive Oil, stir.
- Squeeze out the lemon juice,
- place ingredients into a blender or food processor, blend until a smooth texture has formed.
- If you are not fasting you can always add cheese and still enjoy this lighter version.