Hey foodie friends,
What’s cook in? I hope you are all doing well, and relaxing this weekend. I am busy working an early morning shift. I am off to the kitchen to finish topping off this seriously delicious and simple French Toast. 🙂
I had such a hard time trying to take a photo of this dessert. But do believe me when I say that the photo in no way does it give justice to this dessert, the taste does!! I think I took about 20 shots before I could actually make one work. It may not seem much but believe me for someone who started taking these type of photos about a year ago, it does take a lot of effort and time. I continued taking more shots but this one was the only one that made a difference.
Since, Thanksgiving is coming up in a few days, I thought some would like to try a different dessert this year. I used Whole Wheat bread, Apple Sauce, Honey and a few other ingredients that combined well together. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!!
Have a great week everyone!!
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup Apple Sauce
- 10 slices Whole Wheat Bread (cubed)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 cups Fresh or Frozen Fruits.
- 1/4 cup Butter (room temp)
- Combine all the ingredients except for the fruit
- Add in cubed bread and swirl. Leave the mixture in the fridge overnight.
- Add in the fruit and combine.
- Place into a baking pan and top with butter before baking.
- Bake at 180 medium heat for 30 minutes. Serve hot topped with more Honey or Maple Syrup