Hello everyone and I hope that everyone had a great week! My hubby has not been feeling well these past few days, he has come down with a cold. So, this kind of put the menu I had planned for today on hold, so that meant we are having soup, what else but Chicken Soup for lunch!! Charlie had me up most of the night, doggie’s stomach is not well, I think he also has a stomach ache. 🙁
So, to keep myself occupied while both my husband and my dog are asleep I went to the kitchen and made bread to have along with the soup. I always like to have bread or crackers to go along with our soup so I made this simple Italian Focaccia Bread, and topped it off with Italian Herbs.
Charlie woke up a little while ago, it seems he is feeling much better. 🙂
Have a good Sunday and good week everyone!! 🙂
I would love to hear any feedback if you decide to make this recipe; 🙂
FOCACCIA BREAD WITH HERBS
- 6 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Dry Yeast
- 2 cups Luke Warm Water
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of Sugar
- 1 package of Italian Herbs
- Add all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, and knead by hand, or if you have a machine use that to knead the bread instead. I have to purchase a new one because mine stopped working a couple of months ago. 🙁 Add 1/2 cup of the water into the yeast and set aside until its ready.
- Add the rest of the water and yeast into the dough and knead into a ball, cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and set aside to rise for about 1 hour.
- Once the dough is ready oil brush a baking pan and start to spread out using your hands. Then use your fingers to dimple the dough inwards.
- Pour Olive Oil and brush thoroughly over the dough. Sprinkle the herbs on top and set aside for 30 for dough to rise.
- I bought a small package of ready made Italian Herbs instead of making my own this time around.
- Bake at 160 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown. (If you want a bit of a crunchy taste to the Focaccia, add a bowl of water onto the bottom shelf of your oven)