What a morning, gusty winds, rain, ufff I was out doing some errands, and the wind just kept pushing me to the point that I could not stand up, and yet while I was fighting the wind I noticed that there were people cycling!! If it was younger age group I would think that’s normal, but that wasn’t the case it was a much older age group that were on the bikes!! Wow!!
I have been feeling a bit run down these past few days, so many things going on at the moment that I am trying to keep up with but I think today I reached my limit as to how much I can do in one day. So, I decided to take a break from everything else and just post my recipe. 🙂 I went to the pantry and took out the ingredients to make the soup that has a slight twist to it. I added a touch of Orange juice and just a few drops of Lemon juice let me know if you try out this recipe. 🙂
Have a good weekend everyone!! 🙂
BLACK-EYED PEA SOUP WITH A HINT OF ORANGE JUICE
- 500 grams Black Eyed Peas boiled
- 1 large Onion diced
- 1 large Carrot chopped into large pieces
- 1 can of Tomatoes
- 1 litre of Vegetable Broth
- 1 tablespoon of Tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons of Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes optional
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Soak black-eyed peas in salted water overnight and drain before cooking. Boil black-eyed peas before starting the cooking process. In a large cooking pot add in half of the olive oil, onion, carrot and sauté on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add in the boiled peas, I added a bit of the red pepper flakes for a slight kick.
- Pour in the vegetable broth.
- Lastly, add in the tomatoes, orange juice, lemon juice and the rest of the ingredients, cook for 1/2 hour on low to medium heat until black-eyed peas are ready.