Hey there foodie friends,
I am back with another delicious Risotto recipe a very Easy Vegetable Risotto Recipe!!. The other day, while I was cooking, I thought of how many bowls, plates, etc we need just to prepare one recipe. I’m not even going to touch the pot and pan situation but just think about it. Look at your kitchen when you are done cooking and count how many utensils, and equipment you use and let me know. Now, baking is a whole other story I do make a mess when I bake. Flour, baking, powder and all the other dry ingredients kind of accumulate into a cloud in the kitchen. You may be laughing right about now but think about it.
What I truly enjoy about all the one-pot recipes like this Vegetable Risotto recipe is that you don’t needs pots and pans but just one pot. Preparing a Risotto dish is quite easy and tasty. The numerous variations of this dish are amazing, Seafood Risotto, Vegetable Risotto, and last but definitely not least Mushroom Risotto my favorite.
I’ve tried various types of rice that are on the market. Personally, there are two that I absolutely love to use when making Risotto, one is the Italian brand Scotti Arborio rice and the Greek brand Agrotopos. (I am not affiliated with these brands not that I would mind heheheheh) :). I used one package of a variety of frozen vegetables. It’s easier than purchasing four or five packages of vegetables.
This Vegetable Risotto recipe has a creamy texture to it due to the rice and broth. The broth that you use for this recipe is simply up to you, meat, chicken, vegetable, or fish. I prefer to use vegetable broth for this recipe and most of my recipes. If you’ve never made this recipe before be sure to use the correct rice for preparing risotto.
This traditional Risotto Italian dish originally comes from the Northern part of Italy. As for me, it doesn’t matter where it comes from because it’s just soooo delish!!!
Enjoy!! Have a wonderful morning /noon/evening
Till next time. 🙂
Easy Vegetable Risotto Recipe
- 1 cup short-grain rice Arborio
- ½ cup short-grain rice Arborio mixed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion diced
- 2½ cups vegetables peas, carrots, broccoli
- ¼ cup white wine dry
- 6 cups broth vegetable
- parmesan cheese optional
- Add the frozen vegetables to boiling water until tender.
- Chop or dice the onion.
- In a deep heavy-based saucepan add the olive oil, butter, and onions. Cook until softened.
- Add in the boiled vegetables and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the white short-grain Arborio rice and stir.
- Add the mixed Arborio rice, and gently stir. Pour in the broth, dry white wine bring to a boil until the liquid has been absorbed and has turned into a creamy texture.
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂