Hello everyone, I hope that all are well and getting ready for the holidays. I am feeling better and better each day :). Christmas is coming up rather quickly, so I decided to start my christmas cookies, so I haven’t made Christmas cookies in years, so I took out the recipe and started making cookies this morning.
The cookies are simple to make, a recipe that is straight forward and not to much of a mess in the kitchen. My kitchen is quite small, so I don’t really have much counter space to lay everything all over, so I have to move a few things around to be able to cook and bake. So, here here goes…..:)
CHRISTMAS BUTTER COOKIES (XRISTOUGENIATIKA MBISKOTA BOUTIROU)
- 2 1/3 All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 1 cup of Crystal fine Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Sugar Powder
- In a bowl combine flour and salt and set aside for later use.
- Add butter and sugar into a mixer and beat until fluffy. Add in the egg and the vanilla extract and continue to beat.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the butter batter and beat until it becomes dough.
- Wrap dough in a large piece of plastic wrap, then place it in the refrigerator for at least one hour. This way the dough is hardened and it is easier to roll out.
- Roll out dough. Use any cookie cutter that you have on hand.
- I have star cookie cutters 🙂 Bake on medium to high for 20 minutes.
- Once cookies are baked lay on a rack to cool off before starting topping process. My chocolate/white icing did not turn out like I wanted it too, so I used sugar powder for most of my cookies as topping. This recipe makes about 25 cookies…..:)