This might not seem like the usual BLT sandwich but it is a BLT Greek Style sandwich that you just might like. I have seen many versions of this sandwich and in the past, before becoming a Vegetarian I have tried a few myself. It’s definitely a go-to sandwich and a staple recipe in the American culture. Before becoming a Veggie I have tried my share of BLT sandwiches, simple, quick, and tasty. I mean what is a sandwich? You stack your favorite cold cuts, veggies, and spreads, right? In this sandwich, I like to use my blue cheese and greek yogurt spread. You can find the recipe on my blog.
I am able to find a gazillion variety of bacon here, and that is one thing that makes my head shake when I am in the supermarket. I mean seriously I am able to find a gazillion variations of bacon in the supermarket but yogurt, and flour if you’re lucky 3 maybe 4 tops! geeezzzz Buttt and there is a but fortunately, there are more and more Greek Deli’s, mini markets, that are starting to appear here with a huge variety of products and this makes me smile. I hope you enjoy this BLT!!!
Have a wonderful day and weekend everyone!!
BLT Greek Style Sandwich Recipe
- 1 mini bread roll
- 1 egg baked
- 4 slices bacon slightly baked
- 1 tomato sliced
- ½ onion roasted
- 2 tbsp blue cheese yogurt spread
- 2 pieces lettuce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- oregano pinch
- Preheat oven and bake egg or eggs for 8 minutes.
- Pour olive oil onto bread and a pinch of oregano. Roast in the oven until bread is lightly toasted.
- Spread blue cheese and greek yogurt on both sides of the roll. Layer the sandwich with a slice of lettuce, bacon, onion, tomato, and top with one baked egg. Pinch of salt and pepper to finish off the sandwich.
KALI MAS OREXI!!! 🙂