How was everyone’s weekend? I hope relaxing and fun! We didn’t do much this weekend except take long walks with Charlie. Sunday was a lovely sunny day so on the way back from our walk I asked my hubbie what he wanted for lunch. He said sandwiches and potato salad, I knew which potato salad he meant and this one was going to take time to prepare. 🙂
You are probably thinking by now, that seems to be a pretty simple lunch to make. Well not exactly because the potatoes are baked, not boiled so this is why more time is needed in the kitchen. It took me about an 1 1/2 to put together the potato salad. Oh!! wait one more thing there is also a delicious Mustard Sauce that is generously drizzled over the mushrooms and onions before baking, save 1/2 to drizzle over the potatoes. By the time I was done, it was already 3 pm so this was a very late lunch. Dinner was definitely out of the question. 🙂
I came across this wonderful recipe a few years ago while watching my favorite cooking show and I have not stopped making it since. 🙂
Let me know your feedback if you decide to make this recipe!! 🙂
BAKED POTATO SALAD & MUSHROOMS
- 450 grams Portobello Mushrooms sliced
- 5 large Potatoes baked
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Mustard
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- Slice mushrooms.
- Place onions and mushrooms into a large baking pan.
- Add garlic, olive oil, salt, lemon juice, mustard into a blender and blend.
- Taste Mustard sauce to see if more lemon juice is needed.
- Drizzle 1/2 the sauce over mushrooms and onions. Top with Rosemary and bake for 35 minutes.
- Wrap potatoes in foil and bake until soft. Peel potatoes once they have baked.
- Cut potatoes into smaller size and place into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of Lemon juice and mix.
- Add chopped parsley and onion, drizzle with the rest of the mustard sauce and mix.