So, the latest thing that is trending for food bloggers this month is well besides, Lemon, and Orange Cakes, there’s also Bailey’s Irish Cream. So, since St. Patrick’s day is coming up, it’s next week Saturday on March 17th. I thought why not make a recipe with Bailey’s in it for my Irish friends and my blogger friends and post it. 🙂 Now, since I don’t have any recipes for this sort of Cheese Cake, I came across this one from http://www.delish.com…which looked amazing, you should check out their site it truly has wonderful recipes. 🙂
I have tweaked my version a bit, the reason I tweaked it is because they have added Oreo cookies as a crust, where as I have made my crust from shortbread cookies, and a 1/4 cup of Bailey\s instead of 2/3 cups, and I wasn’t able to find heavy cream for the ganache, so I substituted that with sour cream. I was seriously standing in front of the supermarket fridge and I was texting with my friend Michelle in Greece, 🙂 and talking to my mom at the same time. I was asking for their help for subs rather quickly because I couldn’t think of any off the top of my head, and since internet access was just impossible yesterday I wasn’t able to search for ideas by myself 🙂 (I did not want to use butter for the ganache) One supermarket in my area used to sell heavy cream but they told me that there wasn’t much interest in the product, so they never ordered it again!!!!!. Uffff
I started this cake yesterday afternoon and was ready to start cleaning up the kitchen and remembered that I had forgotten to try out the cheese mix. There was just a bit left over in the bowl so I tasted it and OHHH MYYYYY you must try this recipe it is delicious. After baking the cake I left it overnight in the fridge and finished it this morning by spreading the ganache and it was ready for photos and eatinggggggg. hehehe
BAILEY’S IRISH CREAM CHEESE CAKE
- 3 tablespoon melted butter unsalted
- 1 package of Shortbread Cookies 30 cookies
- 2 packages of 300 grams Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 1/4 cup Corn Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 125 grams Sour Cream
- 200 grams Semi Sweet Chocolate
- In a large bowl add crushed cookies, salt and melted butter. Mix ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add cream cheese and sugar…beat for 5 minutes until blended and fluffy.
- Continue by adding in one egg and a time…
- Add corn flour, Bailey’s and Vanilla Extract…(if you want a much stronger taste of bailey’s in the cheese add 2/3 cups just like the original recipe.
- I cut a piece of baking paper and added it to the bottom of my spring form, just in case. 🙂
- Pat down the crushed cookies, smooth out around the pan.
- Add in the filling and bake for 1 hour. When done leave to cool off and then place it into the the fridge overnight.
- The following morning melt the chocolate and add in the sour cream and spread over the cheese cake…This is amazing if you try this let me know if you enjoyed it!!