Hello!!! I am finally done with painting part of the house. I discovered that some walls need to be wallpapered, and not painted. To be able to paint them I would have to start from the very basic rules, and since I am not a professional painter I decided to wallpaper them.
While searching the internet, I came across so many designs, I had no idea that wallpaper was back in style!!! this will definitely give the walls a great look instead of just paint. I chose a few designs and expecting to receive them in the next few days. 🙂
It was time for me to choose a recipe, so I sat around looking at the many different recipes I have and could not choose one that I really wanted to make…:) So, don’t laugh I actually did a “Eeny meeny miny moe” funny hahahahaha and this wonderful Almond Cake was chosen as the lucky recipe.
It is such a lovely cake with such a delicious taste, but your going to have excuse me for the picture, because unfortunately for some reason my cake, ufff thought it was a Soufflé and not a cake, it fell in the center. I hope you enjoy this recipe!!!
ALMOND CAKE (PATESPANI AMYGALOU)
- 1 1/2 cups of All – Purpose- Flour
- 1 1/2 cups of Almonds sliced
- 1 1/4 cup of Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- Lemon zest
- 1/2 cup of cold Milk
- 3 tablespoons of Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar for Topping
- Beat in a large bowl the butter, sugar and lemon zest.
- Slowly add in the milk and continue beating, In a small bowl mix together the flour and the baking powder and add into the mix.
- Add in the Almonds….I found in the supermarket sliced Almonds, this is much better than adding whole Almonds into the cake mix.
- Add in one egg at a time, and continue to beat until all the eggs have been added.
- I used this baking pan instead of a round one, but you can you use which ever you prefer.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 1 hour and until golden brown. Once it has baked set aside to cool off. Top with powdered sugar. 🙂