It was a beautiful sunny day here yesterday, quite chilly with the temperature not going above 7 degrees.. Cold right! 🙂 I took Charlie for his morning walk to the park and was so fascinated with the colored leaves on the trees, just absolutely stunning.
I wanted to take photos to post them, but I didn’t have my camera with me so I tried to take photos with my phone. Of course that didn’t work out because my phone is pre-historic and just freezes up every time I want to use it, so annoying!
Our walk was fun, charlie had a great time running around and just enjoying the sun and playing with the other doggies…;) I took in all those beautiful colors and fresh air and started heading back home to make this wonderful soup which has a little of this and a little of that in it. 🙂
WINTER SOUP WITH CHICKEN & CHEESE TORTELLINI
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 5 cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 Carrot thinly sliced
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1 package Cheese Tortellini
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Chop chicken breasts into small pieces and boil for 15 minutes. Drain and mince into small pieces and set aside to cool.
- Add Tortellini and Spinach into boiling water.
- Wash Spinach thoroughly and drain.
- In a large pot add water the chicken broth, carrots, and boil until tortellini is cooked. Add in salt and pepper and chicken boil for 10 minutes.
- Unfortuntely, my tortellini overboiled because my phone rang and I had to take the call. If you decide to make this soup keep on eye on the tortellini…:)
- Top with Parmesan Cheese…:)