This Spinach and Rice/Vegetarian dish is a quick lunch or dinner meal for the whole family. The main ingredient is Spinach, which is and I also consider to be good for you. The additional ingredients give this dish a spectacular boost of taste. There are two ways that this recipe can be cooked either with tomatoes or just plain olive oil…:) Since both are cooked the exact same way all you need to do is to figure out which taste you enjoy more. 🙂
Dipping fresh bread into the tomato sauce, and munching on feta cheese just makes this dish even more tastier. 🙂
I wasn’t able to provide pictures for this recipe besides the featured image, because of everything that happened with our beautiful Marka’s passing. 🙁
TASTY GREEK SPINACH AND RICE (SPANAKORIZO)
- 1 kilo Spinach chopped or whole
- 1 large Onion diced
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 5 grated fresh Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Medium White Grain Rice
- 1/4 cup Dill diced
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste optional
- 1/2 Lemon optional
- 3 cups Water
- In a large sauce pan add in the olive oil, sauté the onion.
- Add in the dill, tomato sauce and (paste if you wisand continue to sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Toss in the spinach, rice, salt and pepper and continue to stir, continue by addin in the water.
- Cook until rice is soft, that should take about 20 minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon on either recipe.