How is everyone today? We had another let’s say smaller Hurricane on Sunday…Strong gusty winds, rain, rain, rain. Today is a beautiful sunny day. 🙂 (so far) When I was done with work around noon, I went for a nice long walk with Charlie. But It is a sunny day and oh my gosh it is so cold! I do love it when it is sunny and cold, the air feels so refreshing.
I have been tutoring for over a year and I have met some really fabulous people. Mrs. Jadwiga is one of the fab people. I have been working with Mrs. Jadwiga for a couple of months and what is there to say about this gentle human being. I am going to put my Mom into this because they both are the kind of woman that inspires you to go after your dreams! I can’t say much but I think my previous sentence says it all. So, I am dedicating this recipe to Jadwiga because she is always ready for a new challenge and my mom just because she’s my mom. 🙂
I know this is not a Greek recipe but come on Chickpeas, Spinach and Curry…sorry but that is definitely a must-try combination for me. I love Curry, but unfortunately, I don’t always have the opportunity to use this deliciously unique spice in my Greek recipes. But when I do come across one that I can I go for it!!.
I omitted and added a few ingredients that I love and kind of made it my own. So, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 🙂 I left the Chickpeas to drain the excess water overnight. I added dill and leek instead of onions and parsley, so this definitely was a game-changer.
Spinach Curry Chickpea Burgers
- 2 cups Chickpeas
- ½ cup Walnuts
- 1 cup Spinach
- ⅓ cup Dill
- ½ cup chopped Leek
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Curry
- ⅓ cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg (optional)
- Drain Chickpeas overnight to removes excess water. Add Walnuts and Chickpeas into a Food processor/blender on high speed for a few minutes. You can use canned Chickpeas the process is the same.
- Add Spinach, dill and chopped leek. Mix on high speed
- Continue by adding 2 tablespoons of Tomato Paste and 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Curry. (You can add more if you want a more intense taste of Curry)
- Add Egg and Breadcrumbs and mix on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Make 2 medium size patties.
- Bake at 180 for 30 minutes.