If you love any or all of these ingredients, then you will just love this recipe. The combination of Spinach, Mushrooms and Beans, with fresh tomatoes are just to die for. It is a quick and simple recipe that you can enjoy in less than 30 minutes.
Once it’s ready to eat just cut a slice of fresh bread, dip into the sauce, and let your tastebuds enjoy this delicious dish! 🙂 I hope you enjoy this 🙂
SPINACH, BEAN & MUSHROOM STEW (SPANAKI, FASOLIA KAI MANITARIA STIFADO)
- 500 grams Spinach
- 5 medium size Onions
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 3 fresh Tomatoes diced
- 2 cloves Garlic optional
- 500 grams Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1/2 cup White or Red Wine
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup Kidney Beans
- Slice the mushrooms. For this recipe you can add in all sorts of mushrooms.
- I love kidney beans for this recipe, but you can use any type you like. 😉
- Chopped the tomatoes…and peel outer skin off the onions.
- Wash spinach thoroughly and drain.
- Add olive oil into sauce pan and toss in the onions, (no dicing or chopping necessary for the onionand sauté until soft. I didn’t use garlic in this recipe but if enjoy garlic just diced the 2 cloves and toss into sauce pan.
- I usually was and drain the dill.
- Add in the mushrooms, dill, tomatoes, tomato paste, cinnamon stick, bay leaves. Sauté for a few minutes. Add the wine, (I used white wine because I didn’t have red on hand but it comes out just as delicious)..:) vinegar. Sauté and let this cook for about 10 minutes. Add in the spinach, beans, salt and pepper.
- Cook for another 10 minutes on medium heat, and until the sauce has thickened and has combined with the rest of the ingredients.