Today was Farmers Market day in the village close to my house. It was a lovely, a bit cold but sunny day so it gave me a chance to walk over and look around to see what they had to offer. There was a wide variety of things to choose from vegetables, fish, cheeses etc.. 🙂 I wanted to make this tart, so I was hoping to find all the ingredients I needed. While strolling through the market I saw the wonderful vegetables, that I just had to buy. 🙂
I know most think that this dish is considered more of summer dish but to be honest, I love to eat soups to tarts all year round. Very simple recipe and so tasteful…the peppers along with the zucchini, aubergines, and onions, just have this powerful taste. After I took it out of the oven I just had to try it to see how it turned out, what more can I say than it just made me smile. 🙂
COLORFUL VEGGIE TART
- 1 sheet of Phyllo Dough
- 1 Red Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 Green Pepper sliced
- 1 Yellow Pepper sliced
- 2 Aubergines sliced or cubed
- 2 Zucchini sliced
- 2 large Onions chopped
- 200 grams Milk
- 2 medium Eggs
- 150 grams of Feta Cheese cut into small cubes
- 150 grams Pecorino Cheese or Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 Olive Oil
- Dice or slice all the ingredients.
- In a large skillet pan add in 1/4 cup of Olive Oil. Start by adding in the onions, sauté and then add in the vegetables..continue by adding oregano, continue to sauté until all the vegetables have softened.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, the milk and whisk the ingredients until nicely combined.
- Add feta and pecorino cheese.
- Add the vegetables into the bowl and mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the phyllo dough into your tart dish..if it is store bought no need to add olive oil to the dish. If you decide to make your own dough you must brush pan with olive oil before placing in the dough.
- Bake for about 45 minutes at 180 degrees…The great advantage with this recipe is that it can be eaten hot or cold. 🙂 I hope you enjoy this recipe!! 🙂