My mom’s flight was cancelled on Tuesday, due to heavy winds in NL, so she was booked on a flight back home yesterday. She arrived safely and all is well, I was sad to see her go. 🙁 So, things will slowly start to get back into the routine mode, with a slight change this year. I will start working part time as of next week, which I am very happy about, and I also made a couple of New Year resolutions. I am planning on seeing them through, and hoping that I reach the goals that I have set for 2019.
The past couple of years have been hard on myself and my husband, and the one thing that I did which was wrong is to bring into the New Year whatever problems we had from the past year. This year I promised myself I will not do it anymore, I need to be more positive about life, and it’s challenges. Before I started the blog I used to sit on the couch all day and feel sorry for myself, I felt so disappointed in myself and life and I refused to accept some things. But now enough, this is a new year, new goals and a new perspective on life…some of my friends always tell me to look upwards and onwards, and this is exactly what I plan on doing. 🙂 (I think that it’s time to get back to food blogging)
Back to the recipe post of the day, this is a delicious Vegetarian dish that I think you might enjoy making and eating!! Aubergines, just love them, especially when I also add tomatoes, I love the color combination of dark purple from the aubergines, a vibrant red from the tomatoes and green from the chives. You might even say this looks like a colorful painting. 🙂
It took me about 35 minutes to prepare this meal, and since we are a one salary income, this is definitely a budget friendly recipe. 🙂 I try to buy Organic Vegetables but everyone already knows they are a bit expensive, but if my budget permits I do prefer to shop Organic. 🙂
SPICY FARFALA PASTA WITH AUBERGINES & TOMATOES
- 1 Aubergine cut into cubes
- 500 grams Farfala Pasta
- 150 grams Grape/Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 cups Vegetable Oil frying
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Chives for topping
- Cut Aubergines into cubes and place into a bowl filled with salted water. Drain before frying.
- Cut Cherry Tomatoes into halves and set aside.
- Bowl pasta in salted water as mentioned on package.
- In a large sauté pan add in the vegetable oil and fry aubergines until texture is tender. Set aside when ready.
- In a smaller sauté pan add in olive oil, hot pepper flakes along with the cherry tomatoes. Sauté for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are ready.
- Drain pasta and add into the pan with the tomatoes. Mix thoroughly until ingredients are combined.
- Add into the pasta mix the aubergines and continue mixing. Sprinkle a dash of salt and mix.
- Place into a bowl and top with chives, and parmesan cheese.