You are probably wondering what kind of recipe this is or if this is a recipe at all. Well, this easy one step recipe is so healthy, full of proteins, and carbohydrates and sooooo good for you.
When we first moved to Greece, I stayed at my cousins house until we were settled in to our home. My aunt asked me if I wanted to try some rice with yogurt for lunch, I wasn’t sure what it was but I knew it had to be tasty.. A couple of minutes later she handed me a bowl of rice and yogurt, I looked at it as if it was something from out of this world. My cousin on the other hand, took her bowl and started to combine the yogurt throughly into the rice. I followed her lead and guess what; it was and still is seriously that good!!. 🙂
Instead of just having a bowl of plain rice or a bowl of plain yogurt try this wonderful simple, and yet tasty rice dish. (I prefer brown rice with yogurt but wasn’t able to find any so I used white rice in my recipe).
I have tweaked my aunt’s original recipe to make it a bit more tastier, and I do hope you enjoy it. 🙂
RICE TOPPED WITH GREEK YOGURT
- 2 cups White Rice
- 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 5 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt optional
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- In a small sauce pan add water, chicken/vegetable broth & salt, boil until the water starts to bubble.
- Add in the rice. (You can use whatever rice you like)
- Add rice into boiling water, stir and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the rice.
- Greek Yogurt
- Drain rice and place back into the sauce pan, add olive oil, stir.
- Serve in those beautiful bowls which I know that most of you do have because I have seen them hahahaha…and top off with a delicious tablespoon or two of yogurt..