Do you ever have one of those days where you just don’t want to cook? Maybe you want to pick up that phone and order take out like let’s say Pizza, Chinese, Sushi, Indian? I do…but I never actually do.
Back in the days when my mom worked, there were times when she really did not have time to prepare dinner, she would ask us what we would want and I remember my brother and I would yell out MCDONALDS!! but there was always a strict NO!! ufff in any case we would have McDonalds once every two weeks, which was better than not having it at all. right? So, one of the quickest meal’s she could put together was this amazing little pasta all in one dish. 🙂 Which I have to admit was and still is delicious, my mom never added sweet peppers but I do.
As the years go by your taste in food changes as did mine, I can’t even remember when was the last time I had McDonalds, or Burger King. Both Fast Food chains exist here but I just can’t seem to bring myself to open up that entrance door and go in and order. 🙂 My mom is coming up for the holidays, so maybe we just might do one of those fast food eat out days together!
Have a great weekend everyone!! 🙂
ORZO PASTA WITH TOMATO SAUCE
- 6 cups Orzo Pasta
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 2 Sweet Peppers sliced
- 4 fresh Tomatoes or 1 can Tomatoes
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tablespoon of Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Add Olive Oil into a large pot and sauté chopped Onion.
- Slice peppers and set aside.
- Add Orzo into the pot and stir.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, along with the tomato paste, tomatoes, sliced sweet peppers, salt and pepper. If you want a much stronger taste you can always add in garlic. Continue stirring until the Orzo does not stick to the bottom of the pot. Once that is ready cook for 20 minutes on medium heat, and until Orzo has absorbed most of the broth.