Hello everyone!! 🙂
I made this delicious Omelette Frittata because both my husband and I absolutely love it. I wanted to make something that didn’t need to much time in the kitchen, because I have also been working on some other small projects that I needed to finish asap. This is a pretty simple recipe with a variety of delicious ingredients that can be put together rather quickly, so if your in a rush try out this Frittata. 🙂
When we first moved to NL I was shocked that ovens are quite small……I mean microwave small!! so as a cook this completely blew me away, and I have to admit baking is surely a huge challenge for me. If your oven is large enough then just add the eggs into the mixture and then straight into your oven. If not then do what I do toss the ready made ingredients from the skillet into a oil brushed baking pan and then add the eggs. This is a bit of extra work but at the end it is all worth it. 🙂
Who knows maybe someday I will be able to afford a nice size oven, I will keep hoping 🙂
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Bacon shredded
- 1/4 cup Dill
- 1 cup Peas
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup Cheese optional
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Dice dill. (This Dill is from my little garde🙂
- I used frozen peas…let them defrost before cooking.
- Chop pepper into pieces.
- Shredded Bacon
- Chop the onion before adding it into the mixture.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil and bacon stir on medium to high heat.
- Toss in the pepper and continue to simmer.
- Continue by adding in the remaining ingredients. I did add some greek kefalotyri into this which is a bit on the salty side, but it’s up to you if you would like to add extra cheese.
- Add pepper, salt and whisk.
- Place baking pan or skillet into oven and bake for 1 hr.
- Once the Frittata is baked turn over on a large plate, and top with Parmesan Cheese..