Easter is over and we really had a lovely time, 🙂 we had the opportunity to meet up with a few friends that moved close to us a couple of weeks ago and it was so nice to actually see them in person than to just Skype. We had so many things to catch up on, for instance the experiences that they have had to encounter moving to anther country, finding a house, etc. But we did have a lot of fun, and the weather in their area was just absolutely gorgeous, sunny, warm.
I am still trying to get back into the everyday routine of things so I thought I would post the Greek Easter Cookie Recipe. Now, these cookies are just delicious for dipping and if you enjoy a nice cold glass of milk like me :), then do what I do…dip, dip, dip the cookie!!! Yummm…but if your not a milk drinker then just dip, dip dip, the cookie it into your coffee. 🙂
GREEK TWISTED EASTER COOKIES
- 1 kilo All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 250 grams of Butter room temperature
- 4 Eggs + 1 Egg brush over cookies
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice no pulp
- 1 Orange Zest
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Beat flour, butter, sugar until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, baking soda, milk, orange juice.
- continue by adding in orange zest, vanilla extract, salt
- beat until it has become a soft batter.
- Take a small piece of dough and start to roll it out just enough so that you can twist it. You can actually just make any shape you like…I also like the simple round cookie shape then the twisted shape. (my mom and my aunt actually sprinkle sugar over some of the cookies ,this gives it a bit more of a sugary taste)
- Beat one egg and brush over cookies. Bake at 180 degrees until golden brown.