Do you ever have those moments in life when you think what in the world am I doing? The other day I was taking a break in between lessons sipping a cup of Tea, thinking what in the world are you doing? You are a tutor and a food blogger but can you do both??? I thought about it for a while and I said YES!!! I love being a food blogger, sharing these wonderful recipes with all of you and having WONDERFUL and FUNNY comments left after each of my posts. 🙂 Some crack me up to the point where my stomach hurts from laughing so much!!!. 🙂
Tutoring has become quite an interesting challenge. I wasn’t sure what I was getting into when I first started but believe me there have times when I have been left with my jaw dropped to the floor. I am so impressed as to what lengths people go to learn a new language. The fact that most of my students are self-taught just surprises me. 🙂
Ok, back to the recipe, I remember growing up there were times my mom would make Meatloaf. Not a fan of the Meatloaf with the boiled egg in the middle. I try to avoid making Meatloaf as much as I can. 🙂 But on Sunday I was watching Chef Yiannis Loukakos making this Meatloaf recipe which I found to be interesting. The show caught got my husband’s attention and then he turned and said “Let’s have Meatloaf for lunch”. I rolled my eyes, 🙂 and responded MEATLOAF!!!! ufffff hehehheh
I tweaked the recipe but I have to admit this Meatloaf came out even better than I expected. 🙂
Have a great day everyone!! 🙂
GREEK MEATLOAF RECIPE
- 150 grams Carrots grated
- 150 grams Onions chopped
- 350 grams Ground Beef
- 300 grams Ground Veal
- 1 1/1 tablespoon Ginger powder
- 2 Eggs
- 150 grams Milk
- 150 grams White Bread finely chopped in blender or food processor
- 2 tablespoons French’s or Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup of BBQ Sauce ready made
- 1/3 cup Parsley chopped
- Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Oregano
- 10 Bacon Strips
- Add Vegetable Oil, Carrots, Onions into a skillet and sauté
- Sprinkle Ginger Powder and sauté for about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the rest of the ingredients.
- Set aside to cool off. Add into meatloaf mixture and mix.
- On a large piece of baking paper add the Bacon Stripes.
- Place the meat mixture on top of the Bacon Stripes.
- Roll into a tube and cool for 1 hour.
- Take the baking sheet off and place Meatloaf into a baking pan and cook at 180 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown.