My husband and I have been under the weather these past few days, so soups are basically our main choice of food. We have already had the Chicken soup, Beef soup, and since Salmon was the only thing left in our fridge, well that made an excellent choice for another delicious soup to help us with our colds.
A couple of years ago we went on vacation to Nordkapp, otherwise known as the North Cape in Norway, which is just stunning, this is actually the northerly point of Europe. Anyway, we travelled through Sweden, we spent a few nights in Stockholm, wow!! so beautiful, our next stop over was Finland. We found this great hotel, left our luggage and off we went to discover and find food to eat. 🙂
Finland, has this delicious Salmon soup, when I first looked at it I was a bit hesitant, only because back then I wasn’t really a fan of creamy soups, but I gave it a try and that was it, I loved it!!! For the three days that we were there all I ate was Salmon Soup. 🙂 Now, my soup has all the ingredients that the Finnish Salmon Soup has except for the cream.
One tip that I would like to share with you is that the Scandanavian countries are just breathtaking put Sweden, Finland, and Norway on your bucket list.. 🙂
EASY SALMON SOUP (PSAROSOUPA ME SOLOMO)
- 1/2 kilo Salmon
- 5 Potatoes Chopped
- 1 large Carrots Diced
- 1/2 cup Dill diced
- 1/4 Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Leek or Onions chopped
- 3 cups Fish Broth
- Heavy Cream Optional
- In a large sauce pan saute leek, potatoes, carrots in olive oil…
- If your more of a fan of butter you can substitute unsalted butter with the Olive Oil.
- Add water and the fish broth and boil until vegetables are tender.
- Lastly, add in the Salmon that has been cut into pieces and simmer for 10 more minutes. I have not added heavy cream but if you do have it you can add this into the boiling time and have more of a chowder type soup which is delicious. 🙂