Hello everyone! 🙂 Sorry I have not been posting these past days, unfortunately I have been trying to recover from the flu. This morning is actually the first day that I am feeling better and was able to make this quick little brunch treat. I wanted to make something tasty that would make my tastebuds jump again, we all know tastebuds don’t work when your fighting that cold/flu/virus. 🙂
This recipe is usually made with Feta Cheese, but because we wanted something much more tastier I have tweaked it with Smoked Scamorza Cheese a close version to Mozzarella. It melts beautifully, and it truly tastes delicious!! 🙂
BAKED EGGS, TOMATOES & SMOKED SCAMORZA CHEESE
- 4 small deep pie plates
- 6 pieces Scamoza or 4 pieces Feta Cheese
- 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tomatoes diced or sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano Optional
- Paprika Optional
- Add Olive Oil
- Layer with diced or sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle pinch of salt and pepper.
- Layer Cheese on Tomates.
- Top with eggs, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pre heat oven at 180 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes or until egg has baked well. A lovely addition to this is Tabasco sauce…:) Quick, Easy, and very Tasty!! See you soon