Hey there everyone, This weekend I finished decorating the Christmas tree, I put up a few Christmas decorations and the atmosphere in the house changed to a much cozier, warmer feel. I still have a few more things to do but I should be finished soon. (Love all these colorful lights)
I made a small batch of Butter Christmas Cookies yesterday, but I wanted to decorate the cookies with something Christmassy. I searched for decorating ideas and found this Christmas light decoration on Pinterest which I thought was cute from dessertsfortwo.com. The decoration on this bloggers cookies is different, she used M&Ms where I used sprinkles to make it a bit more colorful. I did not have any powdered sugar so I made the topping with White and Pink Fondant Icing, the cookie recipe is great because I have been making these each Christmas.
I gave it a few tries before the cookies looked decent enough to post hahahha. I did send a photo to my Pastry Chef friend and she liked it, so I guess I did a good job on my first try in decorating cookies. 🙂
Have a great week everyone!!!
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS BUTTER COOKIES
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Decorating Ingredients:
- Round Cookie Cutter
- White or Pink Fondant Icing
- Red Blue, Yellow Tube colors
- Add dry ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Add Eggs, Butter, Vanilla Extract
- Mix until ingredients become a soft dough. Once the dough is ready, place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough with a roller,
- use a round cookie cutter, or any cookie cutter of your choice. Once you have cut out your cookies place them onto a piece of baking paper that you have set in your baking pan. Bake cookies for 40 minutes at 16Once baked set aside to cool off.
- Roll out the Fondant Icing with a smaller roller and use the cookie cutter used for cutting the cookies.
- Take any tube color and draw a line, starting from the top left hand side all the way to the right side.
- Spinkle, colorful spinkles on top of the cookies.
- You can make any type of decoration you love, this is something I found cute and tried it out for the first time myself.