So, I guess you’ve noticed that Sandwich recipes are trending, at least for me and my blog. My last post was a Greek Spanakopita Sandwich which if you have not yet tried you absolutely should because it is so tasty. This time it’s this Chickpea with tomato and herb Sandwich recipe. How can I describe this sandwich the only words that come to mind are flavorful and awesome!! As the weather gets warmer sandwiches are the go-to meal for lunch and dinner.
So, if you love to eat Legumes, for those of you who don’t know what Legumes here are a few examples: beans, lentils, and chickpeas these tasty treats are also delicious in sandwiches. In this Chickpea with tomato and herb sandwich recipe, I’ve mixed things up a bit. You can add celery, mayo, parsley, etc. but that’s just a bit too much for me. My version is a bit different, I’ve added dill (of course) greek yogurt, cherry tomatoes, and a few tasty spices. A much healthier version is full of colors and flavors. The yogurt definitely does make a difference but on the other hand, if you are not a yogurt person go ahead and add mayo either way it tastes so good. I soaked the chickpeas in water overnight 8 hrs and boiled them the following morning. If you don’t want to wait then go ahead and use store-bought chickpeas for this recipe.
Now, if you are not into sandwiches ( I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t love a good sandwich) this Chickpea with tomato and herb recipe is a great option as a salad. Add olive oil a few Greek olives and feta cheese and serve with roasted fresh bread. YUMMMM!!!
Have a great morning/afternoon/evening everyone!!
Chickpea with tomato and herb sandwich
- 1 cup chickpeas boiled or storebought (If you choose the store-bought Chickpea option read the label for salt. No need to add extra salt
- ½ red onion
- 2 tbsp dill
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 1½ tbsp Dijon mustard mild
- salt pinch
- pepper pinch
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 lettuce piece. (optional)
- 2 slices of rye bread (optional)
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt nonfat or mayo
- Add the ingredients to a food processor, onion, dill, and tomatoes. Blend on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, smoked paprika and blend on high speed for 1 minute.
- Transfer the mix to a bowl and combine the mustard. Give it a quick stir.
- Add the Greek yogurt to the mixture. Taste if you need to add more salt and pepper.
- Spread onto bread and assemble the sandwich and top with a piece of lettuce on top. Serve the chips.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂