I went in a completely different direction with this Chicken Pastina Soup Recipe, and I will tell you why. Do you ever have those days where everything is Nope to this ingredient and Nope to that ingredient? Well, today was one of those days for me. I wanted to prepare a soup with Chicken for hubby but I didn’t want to add too many ingredients.
I started to think back to my childhood and remembered a Chicken soup my mom used to make. A simple Chicken and mini star-shaped pasta soup. With that memory in mind, I went to my kitchen and started preparing this Old School Soup. Seriously speaking, it is a simple soup to make just add your chicken and pastina, and it’s done.
Pastina is a smaller version of the normal-size pasta that we generally eat. By the way, guess, what I found Pastina can also be found in baked dishes who knew? I had no idea but I did find this so interesting, definitely tempted to try a baked Pastina dish in the future.
I do love to eat soup and the many variations that exist today but sometimes going Old School does bring back memories. (I added more pepper than I should have as you can see in the photo just to give it a more dramatic look).
I hope that this soup brings back some of your childhood memories. If you have any childhood recipes that you would like to share please send them to me and I will post them on my blog. In all honesty, some of the Old School recipes still taste as good as they did back then.
Have a great day everyone!!
Chicken Pastina Soup Recipe
- 1 knife sharp
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 cutting board
- 1 stainless steel soup pot optional
- 1 ladle
- 2 pieces chicken breast shredded
- ½ cup pastina star-shaped
- 6 cups broth chicken or vegetable
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Start by boiling the chicken breasts in 6 cups of water with the ¼ cup of olive oil on medium heat for about 15 minutes. Shred the chicken into small to medium size pieces and set aside.
- Use the homemade chicken broth to boil the star-shaped pastina, Add in the shredded chicken and cook for 20 min or until pastina is ready.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve with crackers or freshly baked bread.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂