I finally got the opportunity to purchase a Slow Cooker. They were on sale 1/2 price so I was able to afford one, and try it out for the first time when I returned with a wonderful recipe a fellow blogger from whatsfordinnermoms.com posted a while back. I remembered how handy it was back in the days when my mom used it, she would prepare all the ingredients toss them into the cooker and off she went to work.
So, I thought why not try out a cooker with another delicious recipe, which a friend told me about…if you love Chicken and Balsamic vinegar then you will absolutely adore this recipe. It turned out delicious. 🙂
CHICKEN BALSAMIC SLOW COOKER RECIPE
- 4 potatoes quartered
- 6 boneless Chicken breasts
- 2 cups Peas
- 1 cup baby Carrots
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Mustard
- 1/4 cup brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Rosemary optional
- 2 tablespoons Oregano
- 1 Red bell Peppers chopped
- 1 medium size Onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic optional
- Cut potatoes into halves or quartered.
- Peas and Carrots
- Place potatoes into the slow cooker, place the chicken breasts on top.
- In a small bowl and the vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt, pepper, mustard and mix. Some recipes call for Rosemary, I have not added Rosemary…Still tastes delicious.
- Add in the vegetables, onion on top of the chicken breasts.
- The final touch add the Vinegar mix, and 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil…:) Cover and let this cook for 5 hours.