This Baked Feta Cheese Pasta recipe reminds me of Greece. It seems that this recipe went viral on TikTok a while back I am not sure when to be exact but it popped up when I was scrolling on TikTok. It’s a very simple recipe and you don’t need much time to prepare this Baked feta cheese and pasta recipe. A super tasty main dish that only needs three ingredients which are feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, and pasta, (of your choice). I used Linguini rather short pasta for example penne, farfalle, etc.
Baked Feta Cheese is a staple in Greece. Cooked with peppers, oregano, and a little of this spice and a little of that spice. Actually, there are many variations when it comes to this specific recipe. It depends on which part of Greece you are in. But this specific Baked Feta cheese and pasta recipe goes way way back, my grandmother used to prepare this baked feta cheese with pasta for her family. Granted Cherry tomatoes did not exist but after speaking to my mom she mentioned that back then my grandmother grew her own tomatoes, and the pasta was homemade. My grandmother had five children, the whole family consisted of seven people. Anyway, she had a very small garden and she would plant tomatoes and a few other vegetables. The gardens that existed in a Greek village back then were not like the ones we see today.
Back in those days most houses did not have ovens, and my grandmother was one of those houses. Actually, there was a small bakery (not the bakeries we know today) right across my grandmother’s house. My grandmother would prepare the food and bring it to the bakery. This is something I miss Greek bakeries not only bake bread but also cook your food. Three times a week I would prepare food and I would drop it off at the bakery before going to the office. I would pick it up (still warm) after work along with a loaf of hot fresh bread.
I have yet to see this anywhere else in Europe. Possibly, the bakeries in the Southern part of Italy might do this but believe me the rest of Europe definitely does not.
I will be posting the video on my youtube channel @foodzesty56. To those of you who were so kind as to subscribe, I am truly very grateful for this support. 🙂
Wishing everyone a wonderful morning/afternoon/evening. and a lovely weekend!
Baked Feta Cheese Pasta
- 500 grams Linguini pasta pasta of your choice
- 50 cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves whole
- 250 grams feta cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tbsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 200c. Add water into a pot and boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Place the cherry tomatoes into an oven-safe baking pan.
- Place the cherry tomatoes into an oven-safe baking pan. Spread the tomatoes around and leave a space in the middle for the cheese. Add the garlic cloves.
- Pour the olive oil over the tomatoes and cheese, Sprinkle salt, and pepper and toss until combined. Place the feta cheese in the middle of the pan and sprinkle oregano on the tomatoes, and cheese.
- Place the pan into the oven and remove when both tomatoes and feta cheese have melted. Use a spoon or fork to combine the cheese with the melted tomatoes and slowly add the pasta. Stir, combine all the ingredients,and serve hot.
KALI MAS OREXI!! 🙂