This is a delicious recipe filled with veggies from Artichokes, to Carrots, and Potatoes. As I mentioned in a previous post I am not really a fan of red meat. I prefer chicken or turkey but I don’t eat this on a daily basis, in fact I love salads, any kind of salad just love them. 🙂 I am sure that if you are a vegetarian or just love eating veggies you will absolutely love this simple dish.
A lovely and healthy dish that is loved especially by my husband. and I actually consider this a one-pot recipe, because all you have to do is throw all the ingredients in a pot and cook. Can it get any easier then that? I don’t think so 🙂
ARTICHOKE VEGGIE RECIPE (AGKINARES A LÁ POLITA)
- 8 Artichokes chopped
- 1 large Onion diced
- 3 Potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 large Carrot chopped
- 1/2 cup Dill diced
- 2 cups Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 fresh Lemon Juice
- Chop and dice onion, dill and set aside.
- In a large pot add 1 cup of olive oil, flour and stir, simmer until onion is golden brown on low heat. Continue by adding in the dill, carrots, potatoes, stir for a few times and add in the artichokes along with salt, pepper and 1/2 of the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add the 1 cup of olive oil that is left and add just enough water to cover the vegetables and boil until the water has not completely evaporated for about a 1/2 hour. Top by adding the remaining lemon juice.