Merry Christmas….I hope you all had a lovely day and a delicious dinner or lunch. We had a small family gathering for lunch yesterday at my home, this year was different much quieter, not much laughing, but we have a good friend visiting from Greece and he tried to cheer everyone up with his jokes, he did have some great jokes but our spirit was just not into it with the loss.
Anyway on with the recipe, I cooked with the help of my mom, we got everything done a bit quicker so I didn’t have to spend Christmas day in the kitchen. Now, I know that not everyone loves Brussels Sprouts but they are quite delicious if you tweak them with lovely ingredients that just gives them a burst of taste. At the Christmas table yesterday we had the usual salads, potatoes, Turkey, and ohhhh I shouldn’t forget to mention that they all wanted Tzaziki added to the table. Now how in the world does this dish combine into the Christmas table I have no idea, but as they say “to each his own”.
I wanted to add this lovely side dish for an extra little surprise, and they did enjoy eating it just as much as they did the Tzatziki!!
A SIDE DISH OF BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 500 grams Brussels Spourts sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil or Butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Remove excess leaves from Brussels Sprouts, then wash and drain.
- In a bowl add the sprouts, breadcrumbs, salt and mix.
- Add Parmesan cheese and lemon juice, you can either add the lemon juice like I did and bake it with the sprouts or you add the juice as a topping after the sprouts have been baked. This also can be tweaked with Balsamic Vinegar to give it a super boost. But I wanted the taste of the sprouts to be a bit calmer and with the combination of the cheese and breadcrumbs made this quite crunchy and tasty.
- Combine and add into a small or large baking pan. Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes and until softened.