(When I wrote the post yesterday it was sunny and warm and all of a sudden it got darker outside and well the Beepppp hit the Fan hahahaha. I am going to have to apologize for my featured image this is not how it should have looked but yesterday we had a major storm here in NL while I was baking. The electricity got cut off, my kitchen flooded with water I had buckets, pots all over uffff…I also had charlie going into every bucket drinking water..:) it was so dark that I was running around like a nut trying to get the water out of my kitchen…so, I finished baking this dish this morning when everything was back to normal…so sorry) 🙁 But I think there is another storm on its way 🙁
So, how is everyone? I am doing ok!!! I finally got the chance to join Food Bloggers Pro 🙂 I have been wanting to join for a while now but I wasn’t able to due to a tight budget. So after working these two small projects I was able not only to upgrade my site to Business Plan but also to join Food Bloggers Pro. If you are a Food Blogger you should go over and take a look at their site and see what they do…I am sure you will love it. They provide so much information that some of you may already know and some may not..Me I am in the NOT category..hahahahah….I have been following some videos courses that they have and I have learned many things this past week that I truly did not know. 🙂
It has been hot hot here in NL unusual for this time of year, Charlie has been having a bit of hard time with the heat. We don’t have air con in the house but we do have this one fan (small fan) that I lug from room to room hahahahaha and everywhere the fan goes Charlie goes. 🙂
I didn’t want to be in the kitchen with this heat, so I waited until late evening to make this simple recipe of potatoes and mushroomssss!! I was thinking of trying out a new salad that I had in mind but I will keep this one for later..:) I still have not decided on which of the two ingredients I want to add in…I like them both but I need to think about this a bit more. 🙂 If you try out this recipe let me know your thoughts 🙂
SIMPLE POTATO & MUSHROOM CASSEROLE BAKE
- 350 grams Mushrooms
- 500 grams Potatoes washed and peeled
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 1/2 Chicken Broth
- 50 grams Cooking Butter
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Bread crumbs optional
- Add parsley and onion into a small skillet and simmer.
- Add mushrooms into skillet.
- Brush oil a baking pan and start by layering with potatoes.
- Continue by adding a layer of mushroom mix.
- Continue until all the ingredients have been layered, pour chicken stock and top with butter. Sprinkle a tablespoon of breadcrumbs over the potatoes and grated cheese.
- Pre – heat oven at 180 degrees and bake for 1 hour. Before putting into the oven place foil the baking pan and make a few holes into the foil with a sharp knife or toothpick. 🙂