Hi everyone, the sun is finally out, and we are able to sit in the garden. Since it is that time of year again to start planting new flowers, I had the chance this morning to look at the garden and see what it is I want to plant. I do love gardening, plus I love growing my own vegetables, so, I have decided to invest in a small elevated off-ground garden, to plant the seeds for my vegetables. 🙂
Due to a heavy snow storm we had in the Netherlands about 3 years ago, the previous one I had broke into pieces, and I never purchased another one since. That is why I am very excited about this, and can’t wait to get started.
Walking back into the kitchen from the garden, I knew I wanted to make a dish with pasta. I have made this dish many times before, very simple, it is basically a throw it all together bake and eat dish. 🙂
SALMON – BACON – PASTA
- 1 package Pasta of your choice
- 1 package of Bacon
- 250 grams of Salmon cut into small pieces
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 3 Fresh Tomatoes diced
- 3 cloves of Garlic diced
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup grated Kefalotyri or Parmesan Cheese
- In a large sauce pan boil pasta in salted water. Drain and place into an oiled brushed baking pan.
- Take a large skillet add 5 tablespoons of olive oil, onion, garlic, salmon, bacon, tomatoes, salt and pepper, basically all the ingredients and stir for 15 minutes. Toss sauce into pasta, along with the olive oil that is left over, and stir so it is spread throughout the pasta.
- Bake for 1/2 hour and then cover with a piece of Aluminum foil so that the pasta does not dry while baking. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Top with Kefalotyri or Parmesan Cheese and Basil.